Friday, August 20, 2010

BaeBae's First Week.....

Beautiful Miss "Baebae" in her room with a view...



Our new kitty's time here started out kinda rough, and as usual I was sleep deprived and got gloomy too early. But this week has turned out to be a great one with our new little Maine Coon girl.


Cosmo and Star just KNOW something's going on in "Daddy's" office. Hmmmmmmmmmm


Now let's discuss names before we get to the more mundane stuff. Her registered name is "Blaur Seen" (blue lake) and she was a wonderful breeding cat at Maine Delite and was owned by my friend Michele Cole of Dublin, Ohio. Michele decided she needed to find a "forever" home for her and agreed to let us give her that. Blaur Seen had been called "BB", but for reasons I won't go into here I have problems with that name :-) So I suggested "Baby" since it sounds similar. Mark found BaeBae (pronounced "baybay") in the urban dictionary and I kinda liked it, so (for now) I think we'll go with it. Now she surely is no "ghetto" kitty, but I like the sound of it, and she doesn't read the urban dictionary anyway :-)

At any rate sometime during this week Baebae decided she could and would trust us. Each day we have heard more "chirps," purrs, and general welcoming meows! Today
she took a further step towards becoming a real part of the family by not being upset with a visit from my Mom, I was very proud of her.


"Baebae" just chillin' with "Daddy".



As far as her "brother" and "sister" go, there has only been one little hiss from Cosmo on Monday from under the office door. Each day they touch paws, and sniff without seeing each
other and it's going well (I think :-)

The next big test for Baebae will be on Sunday when we let her out of her saf
e place to explore the upstairs hallway. I think I am going to keep all of the other doors closed and let her get used to just being out of what has been her home. Of course the other babies will be shut off in the downstairs, introductions are probably a couple of weeks, if not longer, off.

Wish us all luck, I think this is going to be a beautiful family. Thanks to Michele for the wonderful kitty an
d all of the incredible advice!!


Cosmo lunges for the blue paw which just disappeared from under the door. Not yet big guy, not yet!

1 comment:

strbuk said...

Ummm Star just hissed at Baebae (under the door of course) so this may get interesting!! LOL