Monday, August 2, 2010

Waiting for BeeBee!!

Cosmo and Star gaze out the living room windows, blissfully unaware....

I know I know, it's been forever since I posted here (last winter) but as you know when kitties get to be two years old they slide into their daily routines with very little drama. This is about to change!! We are getting a new kitty!!

Michele Cole (of
Maine Delite cattery) has made available several adult cats who she has chosen, for one reason or another, not to breed anymore. One of them really captured my heart. Her registered name is "Blaur Seen" but Mickey calls her "BB" and I am only changing the spelling of this to "BeeBee" (just to be contrary I suppose). She is just two years old and is a blue smoke (Mick says she appears to be almost purple)


Blaur Seen at 5 weeks.


We are picking her up in Dublin, OH o
n August 13th (yes I know it's a Friday the 13th, but she is NOT a black cat, only a very dark blue one :-)

Now will there be drama when this gorgeous two year old enters the house? You bet there will be. I have read several articles on how to successfully introduce a new cat to a household which has cats
already, and we have Mickey to answer all of our concerns. I truly feel Mark and I have the ability to do this well, and we have more than enough space to separate all concerned parties as long as need be. (along with the loving patience to introduce them all slowly)


Blaur Seen (a.k.a BeeBee) as she is today!


Only time will tell, and I will be posting
here about the whole process. Are we nuts? Nah, but wish us luck anyway!! See you soon....


Cosmo and Star now on the lookout for their new "sister"

No comments: