Friday, August 8, 2008

OK, so it's the "semi-daily" Maine...

Sleeping with us at night is one thing, napping on the utility room floor is another...



Yesterday got away from me what with important things to post over on TBV ect. , so the DM got pushed aside. But I'm back and the kids are rarin' to go as usual this morning. I have been reading the on line debate over the past week about whether or not you should allow your cats/kittens to sleep in your bedroom. For me it's never been an issue really. I've had cats since I was a little girl, honestly it's been for as long as I can remember, and they have always slept with me in my bed. Mark doesn't mind in the least, so they have been with us since night 1. For the first few days I had the master bedroom and adjacent office closed to the rest of the house while they became accustomed to their new home. Part of the reason was that the place they came from was much smaller than this house and they were a bit overwhelmed by the scope of it all, and part of it was due to the fact that Cosmo was tiny and I had to be confident in his ability to negotiate our 14 step oak staircase. Now they have access to the whole house all day long, but they still choose to bunk with us when the lights go out. Cosmo sleeps between us and Star generally sleeps down at the foot of the bed. Cosmo's position in bed was sort of alarming at first. This tiny little 3 pounder glomms himself right up against one of us every night, and both of us are still sleeping lightly due to fears that we'll roll over on him. He has grown tremendously in the past week though, as he eats like the proverbial pig, so this fear may start to abate slowly. Star is already a big girl so we wouldn't have those trepidations in her case, but she usually likes to sleep at the foot of the bed anyway where she can keep her eye on things. She wakes up anytime between 6-6:30 and gives the rest of us notice that it's time to begin the day. All in all the transition has been an easy one, though those summer days when we blissfully slept until 8 now seem to be lost in the distant past.

No comments: